Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning, Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. As a parent, I often wonder what my children will be when they grow up. I want so hard for them to succeed in life and to love and be loved by others. However, I realize that I cannot deicide their lives for them, I can only guide them (as imperfectly as that is), in the hopes that they will make wise choices in life.

If you are a parent this morning, you need to know that God has allowed you to be in a very special position in the life of your child. They will observe the way that you speak, what you like to eat, and the things that you love most. That is why we are told in Scripture to lead them in the right path, so that when they are making choices for themselves they will choice wisely.

As a parent, you are leaving behind a legacy and it is through the life of your child. I pray that all of us would try much harder to guide them to a place of love, hope, and righteousness. If you feel the same as I, then visit us this Sunday at Central and begin your legacy with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment