Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday, June 10, 2016

JONATHAN

Hi, I’m Jonathan Crabtree, Pastor for Student Ministry at Central – A United Methodist Community. Do you know a person, perhaps yourself, who always has a smile? No matter the circumstance, they seem to have this joyful spirit about them at all times?

I can think of some, myself. I believe this is the joy in which Jesus speaks of. If the very Spirit of God – the presence of God – lives in and through us, then like Jesus says, “My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” Here, Jesus seems to refer to a pot of water overflowing at the brim. This is the same joy as followers of Jesus Christ – to the top and overflowing into others’ lives.

Be mindful of moments when you may not seem or appear joyful to others today. At the end of the day, replay the day in your mind, and ask God to show you where you were or could have been joyful. Then, ask God for this joy to overflow and into others.

No comments:

Post a Comment