Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

JONATHAN

Hi, I’m Jonathan Crabtree, Pastor for Student Ministry at Central – A United Methodist Community.

I enjoy exercising, and in days past, I have competed in athletic events. This surprises people when I tell them, but it’s true! I don’t look like the ideal athlete. I have not competed in a long time; however, I still train and exercise. If I ever take some time off from exercising, the very next workout is tough! I have been conditioning my body to endure the discipline and training, and when I stop, it’s always difficult to get going again.

Perhaps the same is with our spirituality and our spiritual disciplines. If we stop or get behind, it’s often difficult to catch up, and that’s something to consider. Don’t try to catch up and miss the current surroundings. Take your time; condition yourself and run this race with endurance – not hindrances.

Think of a spiritual discipline in which you would like to work on. Set goals and condition yourself. Ask God for strength. And grow in your faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment