Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday, September 30, 2011

SABRINA

Recently one morning, while staying at the hospital with my daddy, I went to the cafeteria to get some breakfast. I was concerned, tired, and not in the best frame of mind.  As I am standing trying to decide what I might want to eat, I hear someone whistling the children's tune “This is the Day that the Lord Has Made.”  I looked around to see where it was coming from.  It was from a gentleman standing at the drink machine.  I went to him and told him that I wanted him to know he had helped to begin and put my day in perspective with his song. I thanked him and went on up to pay for my meal…at which time I find it has been paid for.

The kind gentleman, who I did not and still do not know…made a huge difference and impact both on my day…and my life…A small kindness with a forever impact.  He was truly being the voice, hands, and feet of Jesus that morning.  It reminds me of the verse I so love in Genesis

12:1-3 where God reminds Abraham “you have been blessed to be a blessing.”  I have been blessed…now it is my turn to be a blessing.  I know, first hand, the world would be a much different place at sunset this evening if we chose to be a blessing to just one person today…and to do it to someone to whom we do not know.  I think I will try it.  Won't you join me?  Have a BLESSED day and BE a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment