Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday, May 31, 2012

BOB PEDEN



One day this week, I discovered my printer would only print black and white. I tried to print a document that had all the titles in a gray border. I tried three times, and every time I got all the black and white but none of the gray. I know that by now some of you have figured out that my color cartridge was out. Correct, though I still cannot figure out why you need a color cartridge for gray.



This experience also reminded me that this is how some people think Christianity is. There are people who think that is what the Bible is - a list of rules, everything being black and white.  This is not Christianity. The Bible is not a list of rules. But Jesus does ask us to live a lifestyle that is different from the world around us. A lifestyle motivated by love. Love for God. Love for one another. And a commitment to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ.



This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church. Will you love and serve Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment