Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

GLENDA

Good Morning:



A few years ago, my husband was supposed to lead a group to South America for fun.  Instead, he had an emergency surgery, which kept him at home.


He was disappointed that he didn't make the trip, but as it turned out, this was a time that God intervened and kept him safe.  The trip was a nightmare for those who went.  As the group was taking a boat trip down the Amazon River, bandits boarded the boat, seized control, threw one man overboard, smashed all the life boats, destroyed all radio equipment, robbed all Americans on board, and left the passengers and crew stranded.  My husband, although in a hospital bed, was safe.


We don't always understand when obstacles are thrown in our way, but God is always in control. 

After this experience, we can understand why Samuel said the following:  “The God of my rock; in him will I trust; he is my shield, my high tower, and my refuge, my Savior; thou savest me from violence.”

Today, put your trust in God.  Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment