Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

BOB PEDEN

Good morning.  Faith is the tenacity that believes when believing isn't easy and circumstances are hard.

Unfortunately, we often approach faith as something fully accomplished and mature or it is not true faith.  We ask ourselves, "How can I believe when I still have some doubts?" Yet, in the real world in which Jesus lived, faith was challenging, hard, dangerous, and always in process.

In the 9th Chapter of Mark, we are told of and encounter between Jesus and a man desperate for healing of his son. Jesus assures him that everything is possible for one who believes.  In a sudden burst of honesty the man replies,“I do believe, help my unbelief.”

Isn't that how we often feel?  We do trust Jesus, yet we hold out doubts.

This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church.  My prayer for you and for me today is, “Lord, help our unbelief.”

No comments:

Post a Comment