Monday, January 14, 2013

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

JIM CAIN



Good Morning!



“Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will announce My words to you.” Jeremiah 18:2



“Are you sure it's okay to eat this? Do you promise?” the boy asked his mother. His allergies provoked anxiety at the sight of any new food, so

he felt compelled to ask if it was safe- again and again.  Wearily the mother answered yet again, “I've already told you once. Saying it again

won't make it any more true.”



Listening to this exchange from the safety of the next room I immediately felt God's spirit saying to me, “You keep asking Me to confirm My

promises to you. But I've already spoken. Saying it again won't make it anymore true” God gives us parables like that- a conversation, a turn of

events, an everyday encounter with someone we haven't seen in a while to remind us of His ways, His words, or His purposes.



These parables reinforce what we know to be true from His Word, but they sink deeper into our hearts then in a way that words on a printed

page rarely do. Pay attention to the parables in your life. This is how God often spoke to Biblical prophets, it's how Jesus taught, and it's how

God continues to teach us from scripture today.

No comments:

Post a Comment