Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

JIM WALL



Good Morning!



A woman said to a preacher, “I have a habit that I know is hurting my testimony - the habit of exaggeration.  I start to tell something and I go on and on, enlarging the story.  People suspect that it's not true, and they lose confidence in me.  I'm trying to get over it.  Could you help me?



He responded, “Let's talk to the Lord about it.”



She prayed, “Lord, you know I have this habit of exaggeration…”



The preacher interrupted, “Call it lying and you may get over it!”



The woman was deeply convicted and confessed her wrong.



We often excuse our sins by giving them more acceptable names.  Our bad temper we call “nerves'; our untruthfulness, “exaggeration”; our dishonesty, we call “good business.”  To overcome these sins, bring them out in the open, call them honestly by name, and sincerely repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment