Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

OWEN



Good morning! I am Owen Weddle, Associate Pastor at Central!



Happy New Years! I hope it's starting great!



Like every year, we make our resolutions; we hope the beginning of the New Year symbolizes a freshness to our lives; we hope our habits, our family, our friendships, and our careers take a new turn. But with every hope for newness, tags along the fog of questions and the unknown. What will this year contain? Can I finally get that promotion? Will I get married? Will this year be better than the last?



The Gospel tells us that God is making new things out of our lives. The Apostle Paul says, “if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!” But that means many of the old things and habits we are familiar with have to go away and life will take an unfamiliar turn. Let God make changes in this year for you. It is anxiety causing, I know, but uncertainty precedes the new life we hope for.



If you do not have a church home, I invite you to Central to make a new start to your life with God this year.



May God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment