Monday, April 11, 2016

Monday, April 11, 2016

KRISTINA

Good Morning! I am Kristina Crabtree, Minister of Spiritual Formation at Central United Methodist Church. Have you ever read the book of Ezekiel? It is a very interesting book to read. If you have never read it, I encourage you too! When you read it, you will encounter a lot of sinful acts from the Israelites and you will see God moving through the prophet words of Ezekiel to connect with his people.

I noticed a reoccurring phrase that showed up a lot. “Then they will know I am Lord.” That got me to thinking; surely the Israelites of all people should know that God is Lord. God led them out of Egypt, provided them food and water in the wilderness, provided the way with Smoke and Fire, and led them into the promise land. Surely they knew him as Lord.

Well, they chose the world, over and over again before God. God himself was never enough. Idolatry was their weakness. I ask you, people of God, do you know that He is Lord? What I mean by that question is a transformational knowing. Do you know Jesus as Lord because he has transformed you through his very spirit? It is a knowing that will forever change you. I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment