Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday, April 4, 2016

DENNIS

Good morning everyone. I am Dennis Gossett with Central United Methodist Church. When I was a senior in high school, a football recruiter stopped by the school to visit with me. However, I had left earlier in the day and was not there. Upon finding out, I was so disappointed that I missed this coach. I really could not believe that this college football coach came to see me. I just knew that this had to be a mistake.

Maybe, you too, can recall a time when you have missed out on an opportunity. Did you know there is a story in the bible about one of the disciples who missed out on seeing Jesus after he resurrected from the dead? His name was Thomas, and he could not believe that Jesus had visited the other disciples while he was out. Finally, Jesus returned and proved to Thomas that he was alive. Just like Thomas, we can have our doubts about Jesus. However, Jesus wants to make himself known to you. He wants you to have personal experience of his presence in your life.

I invite you to come and worship Jesus with us at Central. Who knows, you just may encounter him here. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment