Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday, December 22, 2011

SABRINA

Christmas Memories...somehow this year they are even more important to me. In October my precious Daddy died, so this year will be the first year I will spend without either of my parents on this earth. I remember the beautiful wedding dress Mrs. Claus made for me as a small child, the wonderful wooden coloring box Santa made for me in his workshop that now holds a place of special honor in my home.



Christmas is supposed to be a joyous, happy time, full of warmth, hugs, and laughter...but maybe not...if this year finds you mourning a loss, facing a first, second, or third Christmas not surrounded by those you so desperately love,...go back and revisit the Christmas story.

God came to earth in the form of a tiny baby, not to condemn us...but to save us...allowing us to live forever...not forever on this earth, but forever with Him. We often forget THAT is why we celebrate Christmas. Those whom we love who are no longer here on this earth, are in the presence of that tiny baby come to earth.

Does it make the grief of separation any less...no. Is it a reason to rejoice? Most surely. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment