Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Jim Wall

Good Morning & Merry Christmas!

Jesus said, “I am the light of the world.” That fact was revealed to me when I was 11 years old. I do remember, as a young boy, lying in bed with tears in my eyes thinking: They would not have done this to my Jesus if I had been there, because I would have told them that Jesus is the Savior. And I knew that they would all have felt the same way I did at that moment. How naïve!

But Jesus tells you and me that now we are to be the light of the world. We are to let our light shine before men.

Every Christmas Eve, I stand in church with other believers and hold a lit candle high. I remember my salvation and I thank God for the gift of Jesus Christ.

Would you like to join us and hold a candle high for Christ? Services are 1, 3, and 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve at CUMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment