Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday, December 8, 2011

BOB PEDEN

Do you remember how hard it was to wait for Christmas when you were a child? How good are you at waiting now? I must confess I am probably no better at waiting for Christmas now than I was as a child. For example, I have been listening to carols about the baby born in a manger for weeks now.

The Psalmist says, “I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.”

At Central United Methodist Church we are learning what it means to wait patiently for the Lord. Oh yes, we have already begun to sing Christmas carols on Sunday mornings. But, we are learning of the longing of Israel, who waited for centuries for the coming of the Lord. And we strive to maintain our expectancy for His return. We read of the child within Elizabeth leaping for joy at the arrival of the unborn Messiah, and we seek that same joy at His presence in our lives.

This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church. I invite you to join us as we learn what it means to wait patiently for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment