Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday, May 12, 2014

JIM CAIN

School is almost out, summer is for all intent and purposes
here and with it the wonderful pastime that is baseball!

When I was in high school our baseball coach had a firm
rule against the use of tobacco in any form. And as with any
rule, we had a couple of players who were known to sneak
and break that rule. It wasn’t long after they got away with it
that we had all tried it.

A sure test of manhood was to take a chew when the pouch
was passed down the bench. One day I had just put a plug
of tobacco in my mouth when word spread down the bench,
“Lookout, Coach is coming!” Not wanting to get caught, I
panicked and swallowed the whole plug. That day I added
new meaning to Psalm 32:3,”I felt weak deep inside me. I
moaned all day long” Yes indeed, I paid a steep price for
my disobedience.

Our bodies weren’t made to ingest tobacco. Equally so, our
souls weren’t meant to ingest sin. May I ask a personal
question? Are you keeping secrets all bottled up inside from
God? Take it from a nauseated former baseball player,
you’ll feel better if you get it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment