Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of
Central United Methodist Church. Every golfer knows what
a mulligan is.  It is a second chance that you are given to
make the shot again that you previously missed. When I
golf I always need several mulligans due to my inefficiency
in the game.

In life, we are always in need of a second chance. We take
the wrong path, say the wrong word, and at times, bring
hurt to those that love us the most. This is why I love the
Christian faith. Our faith is based on the “mulligan” concept.

If you feel that you have really messed up in your life, the
good news is that Christ is offering you a do over. You can
start over with God with a clean slate and a turn over a new
leaf. The best part of this is that all you have to do to get
this “mulligan” is ask for it. I offer to you today a way to start
again with Jesus. Come to Central UMC this Sunday and
begin again with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment