Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday, May 15, 2014


RAY

Good Morning!
A church member wrote a letter to the editor of a
newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to
church every Sunday.  "I've gone for 30 years now and in
that time I've heard something like 3000 sermons.  But for
the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them.  So, I
think I'm wasting my time.

This started a controversy in the "Letters to the Editor"
column that went on for weeks until someone wrote this
clincher:  "I've been married for 37 years now.  In that time
my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals, and I can't recall
the entire menu for a single one of those meals, but I do
know this.  They all nourished me and gave me the strength
I needed to do my work.  Without those meals, I would be
physically dead today.  If I hadn't gone to church for
nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today!"

Thank God for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment!
See you in church Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment