Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday, June 21, 2013

SABRINA



I was sitting on the runway recently waiting for my flight to take off and the attendant

was going through the required rundown of passenger information - I admit I was

halfway paying attention; until I was suddenly struck by her instructions about the

oxygen mask, saying, "if a small child is with you, FIRST put on your oxygen mask

and then proceed to help your child."



As a parent wouldn't your first inclination be to save your child? Then it occurred to

me, in order to be able to fully take care of your child, you would have to have YOUR

oxygen.



The same is true for us in everyday life.  We often forget that in order to reach out and

help others we first have to take care of ourselves.  Jesus gave us the standard for this. 

Repeatedly in the New Testament, we see where Jesus retreated from the crowd to be

alone. Jesus also shared His workload with 12 of his closest friends!  Why then, do we

think we can do it ALL? Yes, we have been blessed to be a blessing, but we must also

take time to “be still and know that HE is God! Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment