Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday, June 6, 2013

JIM CAIN



 “From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead

me to the towering rock of safety.” Psalm 61:2



Good Morning!



While walking along the river walk in New Orleans one bright spring day, a homeless

man came up to me reeking of gin and borrowed cigarettes and asked me if he could

give me something. Surprised that he wanted to give me something rather than take

money from me, I blurted out a yes; and he handed me a rock, a heart shaped rock to

be more specific; and he told me it was his heart and that I should keep it and pray for

him.



I put the rock in my pocket after I prayed for him and spent the rest of the day looking

for heart shaped rocks. Some of the rocks I found looked freshly chiseled; some were

well worn but each “heart rock” now serves as a reminder that the Rock of all Ages is

fighting for me, And that he will bring me through the battles of my life victoriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment