Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

JIM CAIN



“If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging.” Romans 12:8



Good Morning!



Several years ago now, I was living in Atlanta and had just gotten off work on a

Monday afternoon when I noticed a garbage truck filling up with gas on the pump

across from the one I was using to refuel my car. Three men standing behind me

shrugged out of drab olive coveralls as they washed their hands and faces in the water

faucet by the gas pumps. I finished before they did, so I decided to do something I had

never done before. Driving over to their truck, I spoke to the man who appeared to be

in charge. “Do you guys work on this truck?” Cautiously the guy nodded his head. His

two coworkers began listening to our conversation intently, their faces also displaying

a cautious demeanor, probably the byproduct of one too many complaints.



After another moment or two of conversation with their supervisor, I reached over and

grabbed three big bottles of coke I had just purchased inside and handed them to the

men saying, "Thanks for all you do towards keeping the city clean. Have a coke and a

smile on me.” The men thanked me and took the Cokes from my hands, and as I drove

off, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw that they were staring at each other in

confusion, wondering what had just happened.”

No comments:

Post a Comment