Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday, July 12, 2013

JIM CAIN



Good Morning!



Every morning I pray the armor of God over my church leaders, my pastor, and the

church elders. I ask God to bind them together and swaddle them with His belt of

truth. I request that He walk them into His peace, which is beyond human

understanding, and help them leave peace in their wake wherever they go. I ask the

Lord to filter their input and output, everything they see and hear, feel and think, say

and do through His helmet of salvation and the breastplate of righteousness. Then I

ask that He arm them with the sword of His spirit, which is the Word of God, and the

shield of faith, so that their hands hold only those essentials. And I find as I pray for

them by name each day that my love and trust for them grows.



These are the words I read in the front of my grandmother's Bible a few short months

after she passed away. Though I never heard her say these words out loud or write

them in her Bible, I knew them to be her words by the way I had seen her liver her

life.



What are the words and legacy you will leave behind one day and where will they be

written?

No comments:

Post a Comment