Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thursday, July 18, 2013

SABRINA



We all have those moments we will remember forever.  When our oldest grandson, Will, was around 4, he was spending the weekend with us. He was having a difficult time falling to sleep one evening, so I laid down with him. We listened to and talked quietly about the bullfrog and whipporwills we heard outside the bedroom window. As we talked I stroked his small forehead, and he became so very still I thought he was asleep. Suddenly this sweet little voice softly said, “B, I love to listen to you breath.” My heart melted at that moment.



Have you ever thought that we are given the opportunity to be quiet, relax and listen to God breath? That is what God is saying in Psalms 46:10 when we are reminded, “Be still and know that I am God.” Through the sound of a gentle breeze, raindrops, birds....even deafing silence.



When we take the time out of our busy lives to just be, we can feel  warmth, security, and rest found only in our heavenly Father.

Go today, basking in the beauty, love, and peace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment