Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday, July 26, 2013

JOHN BRANNING



Good Morning! I'm John Branning, Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. In 2007, the US Army found its supply of Chaplains depleting due to a rapid deployment cycle and retirements. The Mississippi Army National Guard was no exception and was at 50 percent strength that same year. They issued a call for clergy to fill in the gap and to care for the souls of Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen.

As the Father of three sons, I could only imagine if they were ever called to defend this Nation, who would go with them and remind them of God's love in the midst of uncertainty. That emotion prompted me to volunteer and serve as a Chaplain in the Army National Guard. I deployed in 2010 to Iraq with the 1-185th Army Aviation Battalion for one year. I know what it is like to lay your head down in a combat zone, and I know the price that our Military pays for us each day. I ask you to pray for them and always thank them for serving us and sacrificing for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment