Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

BOB



This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church. God has called you and I to work together in building His church. There are tasks and roles for each of us to fulfill which build up the church, the body of Christ. But we need to be careful that we do not allow our love for God's church to supplant our love for God, for when we do, we turn God's church into our church. The church of God becomes the church of we or even the church of me.



The church is not intended to be about fulfilling my needs and my wants. The church is not intended to help me live a better, richer life. The church is intended to spread the Kingdom of God and to fulfill God's desire to care for the needs of the least and lost. Be careful lest your love for God gets supplanted by your love for your church. God has given us labor in His kingdom. Don't let the love of His work replace Love for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment