Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

JIM CAIN



Good Morning!



I came in from work rather late last night, and my wife was in the middle of painting our bathroom. She was doing a fabulous job, but I noticed she was sweating profusely and it couldn't have been more than 72 degrees in the house. Upon further inspection of the situation, I noticed she was wearing her favorite goose down coat with a raincoat over it. “Dear you are burning up!” I exclaimed, “Why in the world are you wearing two heavy coats to do manual labor during the summer even if you are inside?”



She paused for a moment and then replied, “Well if you will read the label rather than being so quick to criticize, you will see, it plainly states that it works best if you 'put on two coats!”



Sometimes the Bible comes across that way to me. It's written plainly in black and white, but somehow I get confused in the translation or the application to my life. That is one of the reasons God encourages us to fellowship with others so that we can help one another with the translation and application of God's word to our lives. If you don't have a church home already, let me encourage you to give us a visit at Central, you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment