Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday, July 22, 2013

JIM CAIN



Good Morning!



Last week most of my friends got invited to a party. I wasn't invited, but it didn't bother me since I had plans on this day anyway. The night before the party, my son got invited by the younger brother of the party host. “Even though the party is for my brother you should come,” the boy told my son. “After all your Dad will already be coming, I'm sure.” When my son relayed the message I snapped, “Your Dad most certainly will not! Because your Dad wasn't invited!” So yeah, I guess it did bother me… a little.



Ironically, the morning after the party, as we were getting ready for church, my nephew brought this shiny piece of paper into the kitchen where I was and said, “Can I have this, I've been pretending all week that this was my guitar but mom says I can't take it home without asking.” Looking down at the paper he held, I immediately saw it for what it was, not a guitar, or a pretty picture but the invitation to the party “I didn't get”.



“When did you get this?” I asked Gibby. When I checked the mail for aunt Suzanne on Wednesday,” But the funny thing is many of us walk around pouting all the time feeling like we haven't been invited to God's party because of all the things we have done, when the truth is God has issued an invitation to anyone willing to open the door and let him come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment